These are beef filled tortilla shells baked in a creamy chicken soup and cheese sauce. My husband absolutely loves these. I served them to guests once with Mexican rice, and they went home with the recipe. Enjoy!
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef 1 cup plain yogurt
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 diced fresh jalapeno pepper, or to taste 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup water 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix Add all ingredients to list
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, green onion, and jalapeno pepper until the beef is evenly brown. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Simmer until water has evaporated.
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, condensed soup, and cheese.
- Divide the meat mixture evenly between tortillas. Place a couple of tablespoons of cheese mixture over meat, and roll up. Place in a 7×11 inch baking dish. Repeat for each tortilla. Spoon remaining cheese mixture over the top of the tortillas.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.